Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Metairie, LA
If you were recently in a motorcycle crash, you may want to speak with a Metairie, LA motorcycle accident lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation. An experienced lawyer can help you pursue a timely claim and improve your chances of getting fair compensation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Getting into a motorcycle can be a terrifying experience. However, it is important to remain calm and do everything necessary to ensure your right to compensation. Here are some steps to take after a motorcycle accident.
- Call the police. Motorcycle accidents often result in extensive property damage and injuries, so it is important to contact the police. They will come to the scene of the accident and file a report. The report will include important information about the crash, including an opinion of who was at-fault. Therefore, you should obtain a copy of the police report for your records.
- Talk to witnesses. If any bystanders were present when the motorcycle accident took place, you should ask for their names and contact information. If they saw the accident, they may be able to corroborate your story.
- Get medical attention. Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries for motorcyclists. They lack the protection of a vehicle. As such, you should seek emergency medical attention as soon as possible. A doctor should properly assess your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. If you delay medical care, you could put your health and injury claim at risk.
- Write down everything you remember about the accident. A Metairie motorcycle accident lawyer may advise you to jot down everything you remember about the accident as soon as you can. Memories can fade over time and you don’t want to forget something important. For instance, if you recall the other driver talking on the phone before the crash, write that down in a notebook.
- Be careful when communicating with the insurance company. After a motorcycle accident, the at-fault party’s insurance company may contact you. They may even try to offer you a settlement. Even if they seem like they want to help, be careful about what you say. When speaking to them, keep the conversation short and stick to the basic facts. Do not provide details about your injuries. They might misconstrue what you say and devalue your case.
- Hire a motorcycle accident lawyer. Motorcycle accident cases can involve many complexities, so you do not want to handle yours on your own. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement. He or she can help you identify all liable parties, gather evidence and negotiate with the insurance company. If your case makes it to trial, your lawyer will represent you in court. If you have a skilled lawyer on your side, you may feel less stressed about your case.
Schedule a consultation with a Metairie motorcycle accident lawyer from The Law Offices of Frank D’Amico, Jr.