Truck Accident Lawyer Gretna, LA
If you were recently injured in a truck accident, you may want to consult a Gretna, LA truck accident lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A lawyer can help you pursue compensation against the negligent parties.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, so they are more likely to cause severe injuries in accidents. Here are the most common truck accident injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can occur due to a blow or jolt to the head and are one of the most common truck accident injuries. Common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries include loss of consciousness, headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry vision. While some people may fully recover from these injuries, others may suffer long-term cognitive, physical and behavioral problems.
- Broken bones. The sheer force of a truck accident can cause victims to break bones in their arms, legs, hips and even ribs. Broken bones might not be life-threatening, but they cause excruciating pain and can limit your mobility. If a bone is broken in more than one place, surgery may be needed.
- Burns. Commercial trucks have large fuel tanks that can burst in the event of an accident. This can cause a fire to spread, which may result in burn injuries. Burns are one of the most painful injuries you can sustain and may lead to infection, permanent scarring and other complications. Skin grafts may be needed.
- Amputation. As a Gretna truck accident lawyer can confirm, limbs can get amputated during a truck accident. They can also get so badly crushed that they must be amputated in a hospital. Having an amputated limb can make it difficult to perform simple activities and assistive devices may be needed.
- Whiplash. If your head moves backward and forward suddenly during a truck accident, you may suffer whiplash. The injury can cause neck pain, stiffness, dizziness and shoulder pain. However, these symptoms might not show up right away. That is why it is critical to seek immediate medical care regardless of how you feel.
- Lacerations. When accident victims are hit with glass and other debris, they can suffer lacerations on various parts of their body. Although these injuries may seem minor to other injuries on this list, they are nothing to make light of. They can cause infection and permanent scarring.
- Emotional injuries. Truck accident injuries are not just physical. Some accident victims may suffer emotional injuries, like anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder. If you have experienced emotional distress after a truck accident, it may be helpful to talk to a mental health therapist. He or she can help you come to terms with the accident and teach you healthy coping mechanisms.
If you wish to pursue compensation for your injuries, you should schedule a meeting with a Gretna truck accident lawyer from The Law Offices of Frank D’Amico, Jr. today.